We invite participants to contribute to the 5th MoniQA International Conference and submit abstracts for oral and poster presentations. Prior to submitting, please read the submission guidelines below.
Abstract submission is open until 31 May! However, abstracts for poster presentation will be accepted until 15 July 2015 – final deadline!
Attention: We would like to encourage students and young researchers to submit abstracts and be part of the MoniQA competition for best abstract/poster and most cutting-edge research. MoniQA with the support of selected conference sponsors will provide travel support grants and other awards to the best abstracts evaluated by a small independent committee.
3 Travel grants of a minimum of 300.- € each are available on a competitive basis: Submit your abstract, register and be part of the competition for the following awards:
Best Abstract Award*: min. 300.- €
Highest Impact Award*: min 300.- € OR an Open Access publication of the related research by Wageningen Academic Publishing in the value of 1,800.- €
Best Poster Award**: min. 300.- €
*Eligible are registered students (Bachelor, Masters and PhD; student ID required!). Submissions must be received by 15 June 2015 the latest. The award can be redeemed in the awarding ceremony at the 5th MoniQA International Conference on 18 September 2015, in Porto, Portugal.
**Eligible are all registered participants who present a poster at 5th MoniQA International Conference in Porto, Portugal. Posters will be selected during the Poster Viewing and Lunch on 17 September 2015, with the presenter avaiblable at his/her poster between 12:30-14:00. The award will be given during the awarding ceremony at the 5th MoniQA International Conference on 18 September 2015, in Porto, Portugal.
Please see the programme for the accepted conference topics.
General guidelines for abstract preparation
- All abstracts (for oral or poster presentations) must be written in English.
- Abstract text limit: 600 words.
- The presenting author will be underlined in the book of abstracts.
- Please examine the contents of your abstract before submission:
- Is the aim of the study adequately defined and described?
- Are the test series and methods used clearly explained?
- Are the results important/original (regarding experiments)?
- Are important conclusions drawn for science and practice?
- Are the abstracts worded in a way which can be understood also by non-specialists?
- Add keywords below the abstract's content, separated by commas.
- Add references below the abstract's keywords, without numbering.
Guidelines for oral presentations
- Abstract submission deadline for oral presentations: 31 May 2015.
- The presenting or first author of an oral presentation has to register and attend the conference.
- LCD projectors will be used in all sessions. The conference organiser will provide the PC for each session.
- Presenters have 20 minutes time to speak including time for discussion, unless specified with the Scientific Committee.
- All slides will be presented via Microsoft PowerPoint. Thus, the presentation must be prepared as PowerPoint file (
.ppt). All presenters are required to submit their PowerPoint file well in advance to the organiser.
- To be on the safe side, please bring your PowerPoint file on a USB stick with you to the conference.
Guidelines for poster presentations
- Abstract submission deadline for poster presentations: 15 July 2015 - final deadline
- At least one of the authors of a poster presentation has to register and attend the conference. Otherwise the abstract will not be included in the book of abstracts and there will be no poster wall available for the poster.
- Only 2 poster abstracts can be accepted per participant.
- One poster board will be available for each poster. To fit within the poster frame, posters must be sized A0 vertical = 841 x 1189 mm.
- Pins will be provided by the organiser.
- Posters should be readable from a distance of 2 meters.
Abstract Submission Tool
All abstracts must be submitted online through ICC Services' Abstract Submission Tool. If you already have an account on the Abstract Submission Tool site, log in and submit your abstract(s). You can still use your existing account that you may have registered with a previous conference managed by ICC Services, such as the 6th International Dietary Fibre Conference, Paris 2015.
IMPORTANT: Ensure to tick the Create account as checkbox "Author: Able to submit items to the conference." on the form's bottom as shown here: